An amazing wearable sensory tool, so you can fidget & look good!
This is fantastic for those who need to always have something with them, want to look stylish and help with controlling those habits or fidgeting needs. Available in various colours to suit your style or outfit!
These have been effective for those who
- hair twirl or pull
stim with fabric
- roll Blu-Tac
- love squishies and soft sensory input
- also wonderful for decreasing agitation for those with dementia and anxiety.
They come in one universal length that will fit all but is easily shortened to your preferred length (see below). They have a break away clasp for safety if pulled.
Wearable sensory tools are often most effective as the hand starts to use them often before we consciously register we need it, helping keep anxiety at a lower level.
To shorten necklace:
Simply cut and retie knot at each end to the desired length & pull knot back into the casing of the clasp. We find the easiest way to find optimum length is to have arms at right angle across belly. The bead length should be about at this height.
Pairs really well with the hand caterpillar fidget too.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Not suitable for children under three years old.
Keeping the fidgets sanitised. - They are fine to wipe , ours regularly go through washing machine, the trick is to wipe excess moisture off them. If left wet/damp (eg in washing machine lol) they can rust in appearance a little but generally does not affect function. wiping with an antibacterial wipe or damp cloth then drying off thoroughly is the key.